About the job
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
The Regional Account Manager will monitor the operational delivery of key financial activity for British Embassies, High Commissions and other Offices located in the region. The role of the Regional Finance Hub is to provide key financial services to customers across the region and support the organisation to deliver its objectives. The role reports to the Deputy Finance Hub head.
Who we are and what we do
We are looking for a Regional Account Manager to join the Regional Finance Hub, located in the British Embassy Vilnius. The Hub provides professional financial services, including monitoring and reporting on the financial activities of all British Embassies and UK Government overseas offices, located across Europe and Central Asia. Each Regional Account Manager manages a group of countries, forging strong relationships with the customers to meet agreed financial standards and procedures, and works closely with colleagues both in the Vilnius Hub and Finance Business Partners located in the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office in London.
Key tasks of the role
The Regional Account Manager will monitor and process budgeting, forecasting and reporting for the assigned portfolio of countries;
- Act as the first line of financial support and compliance for the customer;
- Ensure financial management indicators are robust and issues resolved appropriately within agreed timescales;
- Consolidate information across their portfolio to monitor trends and variances and make recommendations;
- Liaise with individual Embassies and Finance Business Partners in the UK;
- Ensure consistency across all processes, both within the region and across other regional hubs
- Take part in reviewing and improving processes and related guidance; undertake ad-hoc financial management and reporting tasks as required; occasional project work.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
· University degree or equivalent in Economics, Accounting, Finance or similar;
· Strong interpersonal and customer service skills;
· Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in finance related role;
· Ability to work under pressure and deal with competing priorities;
· Flexibility, willingness and ability to adapt to change;
· Excellent oral and written English skills (C1 level according to the CEFR framework);
· Excellent working knowledge of MS Office.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
· ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA qualifications considered as an advantage
Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Working Together
18 January 2023
Executive Officer (EO)
Type of Position
Fixed Term, Full-time
Working hours per week
40 Gross (35 net)
Duration of Post
Type of Post
EUR 2609 (Gross)
1 March 2023
Other benefits and conditions of employment
This is a full-time, temporary contract of 40 gross hours per week (35 hours net), maternity cover (expected period 12-16 months)
The start date for the position is as soon as possible, subject to the availability of the candidate and the length of the recruitment process.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Lithuania. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Vilnius are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Lithuanian employment law.
- A base salary and, in addition a Professional Qualification Allowance (should the candidate meets certain criteria) and a non-consolidated sports allowance;
- Private medical insurance scheme;
- A strong focus on learning and development; including support for developing English language skills
- Access to development and learning opportunities offered to all staff.
- The opportunity to work in an international environment, gaining skills relevant to work in shared services centres and international organisations;
- 40 hours gross working week and a commitment to flexible working with a focus on providing a work-life balance, with the potential for some home-working.
- 22 annual leave + additional public holidays.
Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Lithuania and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCDO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCDO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
* Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR.
Tesco Jobs Near Me – Customer Assistant In YstradgynlaisTesco
Google Careers – Program Manager In Ystradgynlais
Google Careers – Developer Relations In Ystradgynlais
Google Careers – Developer Relations In Ystradgynlais
Solutions Architect – Lner Vacancies YorkLondon North Eastern Railway
Shunter – Jobs At Abellio Greater Anglia In YorkAnglia Railways
Senior Procurement Manager – IHG Hotels & Resorts Hiring YorkIHG Hotels & Resorts
Safe System Of Work Planner – Colas Rail Careers YorkColas Rail
Railway Jobs – Analyst IN York, UKNetwork Rail
OLE Engineering Technician – Atkins Uk Careers YorkAtkins
Network Rail Jobs Vacancies – Senior Internal In YorkNetwork Rail
Network Rail Jobs Vacancies – Asset Engineer In YorkNetwork Rail
ITV Hiring – Business Development In YorkITV
ITV Careers – Senior Project In YorkITV
HR Systems Support Administrator – Balfour Beatty Recruitment YorkBalfour Beatty plc