About the job
At BEIS, we are leading the UK’s recovery from coronavirus and are building a stronger, greener country. Our varied work makes a real difference to people across the UK and internationally. This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of the BEIS team and our exciting mission!
We lead on the UK’s commitments to tackle climate change and drive green economic growth. We support businesses to create jobs and increase opportunity in regions across the UK. We also encourage investment and innovation to make the UK a science superpower producing research that will improve lives.
Our Inclusive Environment
We are building an inclusive culture to make BEIS a brilliant place to work where our people feel valued, have a voice and can be their authentic selves. We value difference and diversity, not only because we believe it is the right thing to do, but because it will help us be more innovative and make better decisions.
We offer first-class flexible working benefits, excellent employee well-being support and a great pension. We are fortunate to have a range of excellent staff networks and are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader employer. We will support talented people from all backgrounds to build a career and thrive.
We actively welcome applications from anyone who shares our commitment to inclusion. We will fully support candidates with a disability or long-term condition who require adjustments in our recruitment process.
This is an exciting opportunity to expand your experience in a finance environment. The post holder will sit within the Finance Directorate in BEIS and play an important and active role in the financial management and strategic direction of the Department. We’re excited to hear from applicants that enjoy working in a collaborative way with people across different teams.
About The Team
The Finance Business Partner teams are a core part of the Finance Directorate in BEIS, supporting the Department’s ambitious agenda. These teams build relationships and work in partnership with policy and delivery colleagues as well as other key stakeholders in corporate services, including financial and commercial specialists, Partner Organisations and other Departments including HM Treasury, to provide a seamless end-to-end service to customers. They ensure that colleagues in the wider Department have the knowledge and support they need to manage spend effectively, ultimately supporting the wider Department to meet its objectives.
This Finance Business Partner role will be responsible for delivering an efficient and effective service to BEIS budget holders. You will be a results-driven, collaborative player, with strong attention to detail and the ability and communication skills to build good working relationships at all levels across the BEIS family.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to get involved in the full breadth of our work and while significant elements of the job are demand-led, there is real scope to shape the role in line with your own skills and interests. We will provide you with the opportunity for a diverse, exciting, and worthwhile career. We will support you with training and development.
New joiners to BEIS Finance often remark on the high priority we place on Diversity & Inclusion and wellbeing, and the positive culture we have created together. We are keen to welcome people to the team who will contribute actively to this culture.
- Provide expert advice and challenge to the Group on financial matters, helping them to live within their delegated budgets and deliver value for money.
- Support the business to provide realistic forecasts that take account of financial risks and opportunities.
- Provide financial reporting to senior management that can be used as tools to support decision making.
- Provide high quality information and advice to shape fiscal event or business planning bids and support prioritisation decisions within the Group and the Department.
- Share insight within the policy or Corporate Services team and with the Senior FBPs to help ensure the optimal business planning outcome for the Department as a whole, including challenging teams’ assumptions where necessary.
- Advise colleagues on steps needed to satisfy the finance clearance stage of papers including ministerial submissions and business cases.
- Provide tailored support to individual programmes on financial matters including correct budgeting treatment, accounting issues and how external delivery partners should manage BEIS money.
- Ensure robust stewardship of, and accounting for, public money, underpinned by effective planning, risk management and internal controls.
- Work collaboratively to improve financial capability and understanding across business areas.
Skills And Experience
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following essential characteristics:
- Experience of communicating financial performance and management information for decision makers and advising on associated risks, pressures and potential underspends to nonfinancial audiences.
- Evidence of being a self-starting individual who can work with a variety of stakeholders to achieve outcomes.
- Evidence of success in understanding and using central government finance policies and protocols (for example Managing Public Money, Consolidated Budgeting Guidance, and the Government Financial Reporting Manual).
- Experience of, or an ability to acquire a rapid understanding of, fiscal event processes and the development of business case proposals.
- Ability to build trusting relationships with stakeholders and influence them with impact and professional credibility.
- Strong financial awareness and an ability to influence decision making.
- Ability to introduce resilient and robust financial management and financial governance procedures, including reviewing and updating the financial risks and risk reporting.
- Evidence of delivering at pace under challenging circumstances.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and to motivate and inspire others.
- Impeccable professional and ethical standards.
Skills, Experience And Qualifications (Desirable)
- CCAB (or equivalent) qualified accountant status is desirable but not essential for this role. Non-qualified candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be considered for the role and will be supported
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Communicating and Influencing
- Delivering at Pace
- Seeing the Big Picture
We only ask for evidence of these behaviours on your application form:
- Making Effective Decisions
BEIS offers a competitive mix of benefits including:
A culture of flexible working, such as job sharing, homeworking and compressed hours.
Automatic enrolment into the Civil Service Pension Scheme.
A minimum of 25 days of paid annual leave, increasing by 1 day per year up to a maximum of 30.
An extensive range of learning & professional development opportunities, which all staff are actively encouraged to pursue.
Access to a range of retail, travel and lifestyle employee discounts.
A hybrid office/home based working model where staff will spend a norm of 40-60% of their time in the office (minimum of 40%) over a month with flex dependent on balancing business and individual need (from September 2021, depending on how the public health guidance evolves).
Things you need to know
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles , and will assess your Behaviours, Strengths and Experience.
As part of the application process you will be asked to complete a CV and personal statement. Further details around what this will entail are listed on the application form.
Please align your personal statement (in no more than 750 words) to ‘With reference to the job description and person specification, please outline your suitability and motivation for securing this role.’
Candidates will be sifted on behavioural statements, CV, and personal statement.
In the event of a large number of applicants, applications will be sifted on the lead behavioural statement (Making Effective Decisions). Candidates who pass the initial sift may be progressed to a full sift, or progressed straight to assessment/interview.
The interview will consist of behaviour and strength-based questions.
Expected Timeline subject to change
Sift dates: w/c 16th January 2023
Interview dates: from 1st February 2023
Interview Location: MS Teams.
Candidates are asked to note the above timetable, exercising flexibility through the recruitment and selection process.
If a person with disabilities is put at a substantial disadvantage compared to a non-disabled person, we have a duty to make reasonable changes to our processes.
If you need a change to be made so that you can make your application, you should:
- Contact Government Recruitment Service via firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible before the closing date to discuss your needs.
- Complete the “Assistance required” section in the “Additional requirements” page of your application form to tell us what changes or help you might need further on in the recruitment process. For instance, you may need wheelchair access at interview, or if you’re deaf, a Language Service Professional.
Tesco Jobs Near Me – Customer Assistant In YstradgynlaisTesco
Google Careers – Program Manager In Ystradgynlais
Google Careers – Developer Relations In Ystradgynlais
Google Careers – Developer Relations In Ystradgynlais
Solutions Architect – Lner Vacancies YorkLondon North Eastern Railway
Shunter – Jobs At Abellio Greater Anglia In YorkAnglia Railways
Senior Procurement Manager – IHG Hotels & Resorts Hiring YorkIHG Hotels & Resorts
Safe System Of Work Planner – Colas Rail Careers YorkColas Rail
Railway Jobs – Analyst IN York, UKNetwork Rail
OLE Engineering Technician – Atkins Uk Careers YorkAtkins
Network Rail Jobs Vacancies – Senior Internal In YorkNetwork Rail
Network Rail Jobs Vacancies – Asset Engineer In YorkNetwork Rail
ITV Hiring – Business Development In YorkITV
ITV Careers – Senior Project In YorkITV
HR Systems Support Administrator – Balfour Beatty Recruitment YorkBalfour Beatty plc